Banking and capital market law
We represent issuers, banks and financial service providers in arbitral and court proceedings to defend them against claims for damages arising from allegations of breaches of duty to furnish information and advice as well as prospectus liability.
Another focus lies on advising financial services companies on all issues of banking and capital market law (e.g. equity capital requirements), concept and design of investments, implementation of legal, in particular regulatory requirements ("compliance"), preparation of expert opinions on complex issues of banking and capital market law as well as on credit-financed real estate transactions.
Accordingly, the firm's fields of activity also include supporting planned issues and securing newly planned activities in the financial sector through approval by or notification of the BaFin. We have expertise in the field of banking and capital markets law.
Our activities include in particular:
- Legal representation of issuers with regard to prospectus liability claims, development of litigation strategies
- Business relationship between credit and payment institutions and their customers using general terms and conditions of business
- Credit contract law and credit security
- Payment transactions and credit card business
- Securities trading, custodian business, investment business, syndicate/issuance business including foreign business
- Money laundering, data protection, bank charges
- Representation of investment agents and advisors
- Supporting the creation of legally compliant consulting logs
- Banking supervisory law with requirements of capital adequacy, risk management (MaRisk and CRR) and accounting (HGB [German Commercial Code] and IFRS)
- Structuring and review of debt capital or equity-like financial investments, review of prospectus requirements
- Implementation of owner control procedures
Until 2018, Dr Sasdi was a member of the Supervisory Board of a Southern German securities trading bank.
Norbert H. Quack was a member of the Supervisory Board as well as of the Audit and Risk Committees of Landesbank Baden-Württemberg between 2009 and 2014. Subsequently, until 2018, he served on the Supervisory Board of BS PAYONE GmbH, one of Europe's leading payment providers and payment institutions, and chaired the Audit Committee. BS PAYONE has been part of the Ingenico Group since 01 January 2019.