Banking and capital market law
We represent investors, issuers, banks and financial service providers in arbitral and court proceedings, enforcing and defending claims for damages, e.g. due to allegations of breaches of disclosure and advisory duties, prospectus errors or due to allegations of breaches of ad hoc disclosure obligations.
Another focus lies on advising financial services companies on all issues of banking and capital market law (e.g. equity capital requirements), concept and design of investments, implementation of legal, in particular regulatory requirements ("compliance"), preparation of expert opinions on complex issues of banking and capital market law as well as on credit-financed real estate transactions.
Accordingly, the firm's fields of activity also include supporting planned issues and securing newly planned activities in the financial sector through approval by or notification of the BaFin.
Our activities include in particular:
- Legal representation of investors, banks, and financial service providers in court and arbitration proceedings
- The business relationship between credit and payment institutions and their customers using general terms and conditions of business
- Credit contract law and credit security
- Payment transactions and credit card business
- Securities trading, custodian business, investment business, syndicate/issuance business including foreign business
- Money laundering, data protection, bank charges
- Representation of investment agents and advisors
- Supporting the creation of legally compliant consulting logs
- Banking supervisory law with requirements of capital adequacy, risk management (MaRisk and CRR), and accounting (HGB [German Commercial Code] and IFRS)
- Structuring and review of debt capital or equity-like financial investments, review of prospectus requirements
- Implementation of owner control procedures