Benjamin Krahmer, Maître en Droit
Lawyer | Counsel
German, English, French
Areas of practice
Benjamin Krahmer advises and represents clients in particular in the areas of intellectual property, e-commerce and reputation protection law as well as in commercial and distribution law.
He advises on the protection of trademarks and designs and accompanies their registration. Furthermore, he represents the interests of his clients in opposition and cancellation proceedings before the respective offices (DPMA, EUIPO and WIPO) and ensures the defense or enforcement of their intellectual property rights, out of court and in court. A further focus of Benjamin Krahmer is the defense against claims under competition law as well as their enforcement. In addition, he examines advertising and other marketing activities from the point of view of competition law. He also assists artists and agencies with copyright issues.
Another focus of his is reputation protection. Here, Benjamin Krahmer defends the good reputation of personalities and companies against violations of general personal rights (including the right to one's own image) in the media, press, online forums or in rating portals. He also represents clients in matters of unlawful processing of personal data by third parties.
In the area of commercial and distribution law, Benjamin Krahmer drafts, reviews and negotiates various general terms and conditions and contracts, in particular for manufacturers and distributors (e.g. purchase and supply agreements, as well as license and distribution agreements). He also advises and represents clients in matters of contract law, for example in questions of warranty rights, termination of contracts, (post-contractual) non-competition clauses, damages or the claim for compensation under commercial law.
In addition, Mr. Krahmer supports his clients in the area of IT law - in particular in the drafting of contracts - and in data protection law.
Career and qualifications
- Since 01/2021: Counsel at BSB Quack Gutterer
- 2013 - 2020: Lawyer in various commercial law firms in Stuttgart with focus on IP/IT law as well as commercial and distribution law
- Legal clerkship in Stuttgart and Berlin
- Maîtrise en droit international et européen at the Université Paul Cézanne Aix-Marseille III/France
- Law studies in Tübingen
- Author of various IT sample contracts for the Haufe Lexware publishing house (with Dr. Degen).
- Degen/Krahmer, Legal Tech: Erbringt ein Generator für Vertragstexte eine Rechtsdienstleistung? [Legal Tech: Does a generator for contract texts provide a legal service?], GRUR-Prax 2016, 363-365.
- Stuttgart Bar Association
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)
- e-fellows.net (former scholarship holder)