Bernhard von Sonnleithner, LL.M.
Lawyer | Counsel
Tel: +49 711 953 382 0
- Data Protection Law / Cybersecurity
- E-Commerce / Distance Selling
- IT law / software contract law
- Copyright / copyright contract law
- Designing innovative business models / startups
German, English, French
Bernhard von Sonnleithner advises German and international companies on data protection law, digitisation and IT law.
His main areas of expertise include complex data protection issues, in particular at the interface to information technology and in connection with data-supported business models (in particular big data, machine learning and AI). In addition, he advises companies on the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation, on corporate data protection and on the structuring of international data transfers.
Bernhard von Sonnleithner furthermore specialises in drafting and negotiating IT contracts (IT outsourcing, software licenses, SaaS, cloud computing, EULAs, hosting, data centres, software maintenance) as well as advising online platforms and on e-commerce.
- Studies of law at Saarland University (specialist subject: German and European trademark and information law)
- Master's course at the University of Exeter/United Kingdom (Master of Laws, LL.M. with specialist subject: international business law)
- Clerkship at the Court of Appeal in Berlin, as well as several months with Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP in New York
- Attorney-at-law since 2008
- 2008 – 2010
Associate (attorney-at-law) with Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP in Frankfurt
- 2010 – 2013
Senior associate (attorney-at-law) with Noerr LLP in Munich
- 2013 – 2016
Director and senior corporate counsel, EMEA privacy with Salesforce, Munich
- since 2016
Director, Legal – EMEA privacy with Workday, Munich
- Rechtsanwaltskammer Stuttgart
- Deutscher Anwaltverein (DAV)
- International Accociation of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Alumnus bei e-fellows.net (Studienstipendium)