Dr. Daniel Nagel
Lawyer | Counsel
Specialist for international business law
Tel: +49 711 953 382 0
- International Business Law
- Data protection law
- IT Law / Software Contract Law
- Designing innovative business models / startups
German, English, French, Spanish, Italian
Dr Daniel Nagel provides advise on issues of international law, new media and digitalization.
In international law, Dr Daniel Nagel advises on all questions of cross-border trade, in particular on the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG), as well as on questions of international conflict of laws. He is a permanent member of the international database for decisions on UN sales law, a member of the Jean Monnet European Centre of Excellence, University of Leeds and a member of the examination board of the Stuttgart Bar Association for specialist attorneys for international business law.
Dr Daniel Nagel also specializes in IT law, in particular software contracts, data protection, data security and reputation management in Germany and abroad. He has authored numerous publications in this field and is counsel with an international software company.
Together with Prof Dr Felix Buchmann, he advises start-ups on the development of innovative business models from start-up to exit and is co-initiator of the "Gründerfrühstück Stuttgart" [Stuttgart founders' breakfast meetings] series.
- Studies of law in Heidelberg, Leeds, Santiago de Compostela, Innsbruck and New York (Pace).
- Research associate at the Institute for Foreign and International Private and Business Law, University of Heidelberg (2005-07).
- Attorney-at-law since 2009
- Doctorate degree, thesis on UN sales law ("The CISG in Austria", 2015).
- Specialist attorney for international business law (2015)
- IT law lecturer at the Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University since 2016
- Legal counsel, commercial legal EMEA with Workday, Munich, since 2017
- Rechtsanwaltskammer Stuttgart
- Deutscher Anwaltverein (DAV)