Dr. Frederic Dachs, LL.M.
Lawyer | Partner*
Specialist in commercial and corporate law
Tel: +49 711 953 382 0
- Corporate law
- D&O liability
*not within the meaning of the Partnership Act
Areas of practice
Mr. Frederic Dachs advises in the areas of corporate law, directors' and officers' liability and compliance as well as general commercial law, both in the drafting of contracts and in litigation.
A particular focus of his work is advising start-ups and young entrepreneurs. He accompanies them from the foundation, preparation and implementation of financing rounds (venture capital) to the sale of the company (exit). Mr. Dachs also advises on the development and legally compliant design of new business models.
A further focus of his work is the resolution of shareholder disputes. Together with his clients, he always first tries to find out-of-court and economically reasonable solutions. In this context, Mr. Dachs advises his clients primarily in the preparation and implementation of shareholders' meetings as well as in negotiations with the opposing party and also represents his clients in the enforcement of their claims in court.
Mr. Dachs also advises and represents his clients in the area of directors' and officers' liability. His clients include, above all, managing directors, board members and supervisory board members, for whom he develops effective strategies to defend against such claims. In addition, he advises his clients on the preparation and implementation of compliance programs as well as on internal investigations.
In the area of general commercial law, Mr. Dachs drafts and negotiates various contracts, especially for new and innovative business models, e.g. cooperation agreements in the area of social media and contracts for "influencers".
Career and qualifications
- Since 03/2020: Counsel at BSB Quack Gutterer
- 2013 - 2019: Lawyer in various commercial law firms in Stuttgart
- Specialist in commercial and corporate law (2017)
- Doctorate on a topic of corporate and banking law ("The Reform of Bank Restructuring - Downstream and Preventive Measures and their Effectiveness", 2017) (funded by the Stiftung Kreditwirtschaft at the University of Hohenheim)
- 2016: Foundation of a Legal Tech Startup in Stuttgart
- Mediator at the Superior Court of California County of San Diego (2013)
- Master's degree at the University of San Diego School of Law (LL.M., 2013)
- Attorney since 2012
- Research assistant at the universities of Tübingen and Hohenheim
- Study of law in Tübingen
- "Compliance and executive body liability in the leasing business", FLF Finanzierung Leasing Factoring, 6/2019, pp. 10-14
- "Valuation approach when selling a leasing company", FLF Financing Leasing Factoring, 4/2019, pp. 20-24
- "Medium-sized companies are becoming increasingly involved in innovative start-ups", Frankfurter Allgemeine, Special Mittelstandsfinanzierung, 07.03.2018, Sheet V4
- AIJA - International Association of Young Lawyers
- Stuttgart Bar Association
- Corporate Law Association - Academic Association for Corporate and Company Law (VGR)
- Phi Delta Phi Tübingen e.V.
- University of San Diego Alumni Association