Prof. Dr. Felix Buchmann
Lawyer | Partner
Specialist lawyer for IT law
Specialist lawyer for copyright and media law
Specialist lawyer for commercial and corporate law
Certified Data Protection Officer
- IT Law (Software Contract Law & Data Protection Law)
- E-Commerce & Consumer Protection Law
- Copyright Law & Copyright Contract Law
- Competition Law & Litigation
- Corporate Law & Startups
Tel: +49 711 953 382 10
Prof Dr Felix Buchmann advises in the field of new media and digitisation, both in drafting contracts and in court.
He is a recognized expert in e-commerce/distance selling law and combines practice with science and teaching in a special way. He is particularly interested in fundamental procedures and expert opinions that require sound practical and scientific knowledge in e-commerce. He advises online shops on day-to-day business, drafting contracts, launching new products on the market and represents them in litigation, all the way to the European Court of Justice (ECJ).
He advises companies and agencies on all issues relevant to competition law, e.g. launching new products, market presence and market behaviour, in the area of advertising and marketing campaigns (in particular e-mail marketing; competitions). He supports companies in the enforcement of their competition law claims by way of warning letters and in judicial enforcement, in particular by way of injunctions, and defends them against warning letters and in court. Due to his extensive judicial work, he is familiar with the particularities of procedural competition law.
Prof Dr Felix Buchmann advises companies, agencies and artists on copyright law, in particular on copyright contract law. He drafts license agreements, both in the creative and in the software sector, and enforces claims of rights holders in court if necessary, drawing on his extensive experience in copyright procedural law. As a musician and author himself, he is also familiar with the peculiarities of the music industry.
As an attorney specialized in IT law, including data protection law, he is familiar with drafting and negotiating IT contracts (software development contracts; software customization; software licenses; Software as a Service (SaaS) / Application Software Providing (ASP); Service Level Agreements (SLA); End User Licence Agreements (EULA); hosting; software escrow.
Prof Dr Felix Buchmann advises numerous start-ups on the development of innovative business models from start-up to exit and is co-founder of Startup Stuttgart e.V.
Due to his passion for cars, Prof Dr Buchmann is also familiar with the law relating to sports cars, classic cars and 'youngtimer' modern classics.
Prof Dr Felix Buchmann teaches and conducts research at Hochschule Pforzheim [University of Applied Sciences]. His research focuses on e-commerce and competition law, and has published numerous scientific publications. He is a permanent collaborator of the professional journal Kommunikation & Recht (K&R) and an advisor to the training journal Jura Studium & Examen (JSE).
He is a member of the "Fachanwalt für Urheber und Medienrecht" [Specialist attorney for copyright and media law] examination board of the Stuttgart Bar Association.
- Felix studied Law at the Universities of Tübingen and Geneva/Switzerland (scholarship for highly talented students endowed by the Konrad-Adenauer-Foundation)
- Scientific employee at the Institute for Energy Law, Cologne (2006/2007)
- Doctoral thesis 2008 („Kommunale Energieversorgungsunternehmen in der Krise“), supported by a scholarship of the Arbeitskreis Wirtschaft und Recht im Stifterverband für die deutsche Wissenschaft
- Attorney-at-law since 2005
- Founding Partner of BSB Quack Gutterer (before i.a. SGT Rechtsanwälte and Lovells LLP (today Hogan Lovells LLP)
- IT Law Specialist since 2012
- Copyright and Media Law Specialist since 2015
- Professor for Business Law since 2017 (core area: Intellectual Property Rights; Copyright and Media Law; IT Law and E-Commerce)
- Certified Data Protection Officer since 2018
- Member of the audit committee „Copyright and Media Law Specialist“ of the Bar Association Stuttgart since 2018
see on page publications
- Rechtsanwaltskammer Stuttgart
- Deutscher Anwaltverein (DAV)
- Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (Altstipendiat)
- e-fellows.net (Altstipendiat)
- Genf-Gesellschaft e.V.
- Phi Delta Phi Tübingen e.V.
- @kit - Bayreuther Arbeitskreis für Informationstechnologie
- Center of International Energy Studies e.V.
- Startup Stuttgart e.V.